axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 2)
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:55:16 GMT
Great! Then we can call this as done and go for the scheduled code
freeze for alpha.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Preston [mailto:PRESTONF@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 5:44 PM
To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
Subject: Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 2)

Hi Samisa,
      Just ran tests on Linux (using ant scripts) and all is well (if I
make the ssl change before running package.xml).  Let me have a quick
look
at the code because there was a problem in the with this bit of code.
What
was happening was that the destructor for the channel was being called
twice.  In HTTPTransport.cpp, lines 70 to 84 should be commented out.
i.e
the if blocks that contain delete m_pNormalChannel and delete
m_pSecureChannel.

Regards,

Fred Preston.

                      Samisa Abeysinghe

                      <samisa.abeysinghe        To:       Apache AXIS C
Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
                      @gmail.com>               cc:

                                                Subject:  Re: Axis c++
1.5 release plan (draft 2)
                      21/01/05 11:13

                      Please respond to

                      "Apache AXIS C

                      Developers List"

Hi Fred,
    I figured out the problem. There was an error in the Makefile.am -
two files missing.
    BTW, you must have used ant.
    Now it is working (with your tip on copying non-ssl channel to ssl
channel) but I get a segfault from ChannelFactory destructor on line:
DELETE_OBJECT3 sDelete = (DELETE_OBJECT3) PLATFORM_GETPROCADDR(
m_LibHandler[iCount], DELETE_FUNCTION3);

    Will have a look into to that.

Thanks,
Samisa...

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:54:59 +0000, Samisa Abeysinghe
<samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>     I did a fresh checkout and tried it again but no luck on Linux.
>     Digging a bit further into the code, with debug I see that it
> throws me an exception from within
> ChannelFactory::LoadChannelLibrary(). It runs into if( !sLibHandler)
> block. However, printing the pcLibraryName on output indicates the
> file name to the .so file on my system is correct. But for some reason
> the PLATFORM_LOADLIB seem to fail.
>     Any thoughts please?
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:47:03 +0000, Fred Preston <PRESTONF@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

> > Hi Samisa,
> >       I ran the new Axis3 transport last night and it worked fine.
will
> > download the latest build now and retry...
> >
> > P.S. I had to delete the built http_channelssl.so and copy/rename
> > http_channel.so to http_channelssl.so as I did not have the correct
openSSL
> > libraries.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Fred Preston.
> > Software Engineer
> > CWSS
> >
> > Mail Point 127,  IBM Hursley Park
> > Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 2JN, UK
> > Notes id:    Fred Preston/UK/IBM @ IBMGB
> > Internet:      prestonf@uk.ibm.com
> > Tel:             +44 1962 817180
> > Internal:      247180
> >
> >                       Samisa Abeysinghe
> >                       <samisa.abeysinghe        To:       Apache
AXIS C
Developers List <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
> >                       @gmail.com>               cc:
> >                                                 Subject:  Re: Axis
c++
1.5 release plan (draft 2)
> >                       21/01/05 09:01
> >                       Please respond to
> >                       "Apache AXIS C
> >                       Developers List"
> >

> > Hi Sanjaya,
> >     Given that we are facing couple of challenges with axis3
transport
> > on Linux, do you think Jan 25th code freeze would be possible.
> >     I am trying to identify the problem and I think Fred is also
> > looking into the problem.
> >     Axis3 transport is important as it has the proper SSL support
> > implemented.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...
> >
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:41:50 +0600, sanjaya singharage
> > <sanjayas@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > > (Second draft of the release plan.)
> > >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I would like to volunteer to be the release manager for the Axis
C++
1.5
> > > release.
> > >
> > > A draft Release Plan is presented below using the current items
found
in
> > the
> > > wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5 .
> > > Please update the wiki of any more items that are applicable to
the
1.5

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-176
> > > Improvement of Web Site
> > >
> > > a.Web-site should be made more or less like Axis-Java website for
ease of
> > > use
> > >
> > > b.More user oriented and less developer oriented
> > > Fault mapping (stub level)
> > > Add support for xsd:any type
> > > Ability to add custom headers
> > > "100 Continue" support in axis2 transport
> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-311
> > > Proxy support for axis2 transport
> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-325
> > > Numerous memory leak fixes
> > >

> > > Details on these features could be found on JIRA and the AxisCpp
TODO
> > wiki
> > > page at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5
> > >
> > >  Release Criteria:
> > >
> > >      - Functional tests pass
> > >      - Test on installation procedures
> > >      - Test on different versions of Apache web server(1.3.xx,
2.0.xx)
> > >      - Test samples on different platforms (Linux, Microsoft
Windows)
> > >      - Fix  blockers and most critical bugs that applies to 1.4
> > >
> > >  Dates:
> > >
> > >  The following are the proposed dates for the release, opinions
please:
> > >      Code freeze                      January 25, 2005 ??
> > >      Release alpha version        January 28, 2005 ??
> > >      Release beta version         ??
> > >      Release 1.4                      February 28, 2005 ??
> > >

> > > sanjaya.

specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only.  Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.