axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Damitha Kumarage" <>
Subject Re: Release
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:44:13 GMT

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 00:23, John Hawkins wrote:
Hi Folks,
> C support is done.
> re the release in general. We would much prefer it if an Alpha branch could
be cut but HEAD is where all fixes go into?

We need to branch now for alpha and beta and final release will be done on that
branch. All the fixes for 1.5 branch will be continued on that branch.
That means that we have to separately maintain that branch for that perticular
release. We did not do this
up until now. As we discussed
We should start keeping the releases(APIs) stable at least from 1. 5 release.
That means when a user point a bug in a perticular release we should not say to
him, use the latest one. Instead we should fix it on the perticular release
branch and if needed do a minor release on that branch(kind of a patch
release). Shall we start this from 1.5? any ideas?

 Is that possible?
see above
 Our local build takes the src from HEAD and it would be very bad news if we
had to change it :-(

I hope above will solve your problem

> Is that OK?
> John.
> John Hawkins
Damitha Kumarage
hSenid Software International (PVT) Ltd(Web:

Lanka Software Foundation (

View raw message