axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: broken the build
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:22:24 GMT
hi John,

I made changes to SimpleAxisServer and not the build is fine. I took a
fresh chekout and applied the changes and commited it. Not it builds
fine on Linux, not sure abt AIX.

> I'm also confused becuase the implementations that I see return NULL -
> > are you going to finish these in time?
What are the implementatoins which return NULL?

> 1. Simple axis server appears to be failing - not had time to look
> > into.
Added the implementations of the virtual funtions
getIncomingSOAPMimeHeaders() and getAttachment() and commited. Not it
builds.

> 2. apachetransport.h - The method signatures were wrong (you're
> > returning ISoapAttachment now right?).
Now it returns ISoapAttachment* instead of a char*. This
ISoapAttachment* encapsulates the entire attachment including attachment
heades and the body.

>This was also true for axis
> > transport 3 which also failed.
Opps... yes. With your changes now it builds.

>This was also true for axis
> > transport 3 which also failed.
> >         Please can you tell me what to return here - it's returning
> > NULL now but I'm guessing it shouldn't :-)
Nithya and Rangika has implemented support for attachments only at
Server side, for the moment. Any implementer who supports Attachments at
client side, will have to provide the correct implmentations for those
mehtods (which you have implemented to return NULL as a hack). So for
the moment it is OK to keep them to return NULL.

> 3. In apachetransport.h again - the getAttachments method use to
> > return "value" - was this a placeholder ? I've now made it return
> NULL
> > - please can you verify what it should be returning.
Nithya and Rangika have added Attachment support for the Apache2 module.
They will have to added the Attachment support for the Apache (1.x)
module as well.

4. getIncomingSOAPMimeHeaders - Should this be on the Transport
> > interface - isn't this transport specific? And - it returns NULL in
> > the implementation - what should it be

Can you elaborate more on this?

Rgds,
Roshan