axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "sanjaya singharage" <sanja...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 2)
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:41:50 GMT
(Second draft of the release plan.)

Hi all,
I would like to volunteer to be the release manager for the Axis C++ 1.5
release.

A draft Release Plan is presented below using the current items found in the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5
.
Please update the wiki of any more items that are applicable to the 1.5 release that developers
are working on.

Also we need to decide on dates for code freeze etc. and release dates at the bottom.
Please comment.

This is the release plan (draft) for Axis C++ version 1.5. Given below is a snapshot
of all the changes for 1.5 since the 1.4 version.

 Changes from 1.4 to 1.5:

  1.. C support - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-210
  2.. Memory clean-up and fix - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-149
  3.. Improve HTTP Support - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-176
  4.. Improvement of Web Site
  a.Web-site should be made more or less like Axis-Java website for ease of use

  b.More user oriented and less developer oriented

  5.. Fault mapping (stub level)
  6.. Add support for xsd:any type
  7.. Ability to add custom headers
  8.. "100 Continue" support in axis2 transport http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-311

  9.. Proxy support for axis2 transport http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-325
  10.. Numerous memory leak fixes

Details on these features could be found on JIRA and the AxisCpp TODO wiki page at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5

 Release Criteria:

     - Functional tests pass
     - Test on installation procedures
     - Test on different versions of Apache web server(1.3.xx, 2.0.xx)
     - Test samples on different platforms (Linux, Microsoft Windows)
     - Fix  blockers and most critical bugs that applies to 1.4

 Dates:

 The following are the proposed dates for the release, opinions please:
     Code freeze                      January 25, 2005 ??
     Release alpha version        January 28, 2005 ??
     Release beta version         ??
     Release 1.4                      February 28, 2005 ??

sanjaya.