axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "sanjaya singharage" <sanja...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:56:23 GMT
No problem. as long as we get unconfused :). (I think there was a full stop missing in this
reply and I have put it there to avoid further confusion :) )

Carsten, could you take note and respond please?

sanjaya.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Hawkins
  To: Apache AXIS C Developers List
  Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 7:31 PM
  Subject: Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)

  hi,
  sorry for the confusion :-)

  I suggest we ask Carsten to run the regression tests to ensure that his code gen changes
have not broken stuff on  at least one platform of his choice. He can then decide, based on
this test results, which he can discuss here if necessary,  whether he wants to commit his
changes or not. If he runs the suite and gets some errors then I suggest we're happy. if he
breaks that suite entirely then we're not?

  Running the suite should take him three hours from scratch, if he hasn't done it before
so we should know soon whether the gen changes are viable.

  If he is not able to test them (not having the services would be the obvious issue) then
perhaps one of us can run them for him (Carsten - have you  got a branch we can extract?).

  If Carsten is not around or able to commit changes then I suggest we go alpha without the
gen changes and do the same as above in alpha timeframe.

  John Hawkins

        "sanjaya singharage" <sanjayas@opensource.lk>
        31/01/2005 13:09 Please respond to
              "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

       To "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
              cc
              Subject Re: Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)

  (If the situation is not clear, Carseten has already put his changes to the serializer.
He has also finished the changes to the code generator but is not able to test them as yet,
therefore he has avoided committing those changes.)

  What exactly do you mean? That we go ahead with the codefreeze with the serilizer changes
intact and let Carsten commit the code generation stuff before the final?
  If so we can codefreeze early tuesday morning and start on the release procedure.

  sanjaya.