axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "sanjaya singharage" <sanja...@opensource.lk>
Subject Axis c++ 1.5 release plan (draft 4)
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 06:30:10 GMT
Hi all,

COULD I HAVE THE STATUS OF ITEM NUMBER 7 CARSTEN, IS IT ALREAD COMMITED IN CVS? CAN WE INCLUDE
IT IN 1.5 OR SHELF IT FOR THE NEXT RELEASE? OR ARE YOU PLANNING TO FIX THIS BY 1.5 FINAL?
COULD I HAVE A RESPONSE CARSTEN?

MARK, WHAT IS THE STATUS OF ITEM 2? COULD YOU ALSO RESPOND?

Following the discussion I have added these items
-Problem with complex types which contain complex types http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-197
(in progress by carsten)

Following the discussion I have removed the following items

-Fault mapping (stub level)
-improvement of Web Site
a.Web-site should be made more or less like Axis-Java website for ease of use
b.More user oriented and less developer oriented
-Add support for xsd:any type (?)
-Ability to add custom headers (?)

sanjaya.

(fourth draft of the release plan.)

Hi all,
I would like to volunteer to be the release manager for the Axis C++ 1.5
release.

A draft Release Plan is presented below using the current items found in the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5
.
Please update the wiki of any more items that are applicable to the 1.5 release that developers
are working on.

Also we need to decide on dates for code freeze etc. and release dates at the bottom.
Please comment.

This is the release plan (draft) for Axis C++ version 1.5. Given below is a snapshot
of all the changes for 1.5 since the 1.4 version.

Changes from 1.4 to 1.5:

1.        Partial C support - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-210 (in progress
by Mark)
-C clients with stub generation for simple types
-Porting of some C++ tests to C
2.        Memory clean-up and fix - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-149 (in progress
by Mark Whitlock as per JIRA)
3.        Improve HTTP Support - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-176 (Done by
Samisa as per JIRA)
4.        "100 Continue" support in axis2 transport http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-311
(Done by Samisa)
5.        Proxy support for axis2 transport http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-325
(Done by Samisa)
6.        Numerous memory leak fixes (Done by Samisa)
7.        Problem with complex types which contain complex types http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-197
(in progress by Carsten)

Details on these features could be found on JIRA and the AxisCpp TODO wiki page at http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisC_2b_2b/ToDo1.5

Release Criteria:

   - Functional tests pass
   - Test on installation procedures
   - Test on different versions of Apache web server(1.3.xx, 2.0.xx)
   - Test samples on different platforms (Linux, Microsoft Windows)
   - Fix  blockers and most critical bugs that applies to 1.5

Dates:

The following are the proposed dates for the release, opinions please:
   Code freeze                      January 27, 2005
   Release alpha version        January 31, 2005
   Release 1.5 final                February 21, 2005

sanjaya.