axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Rangika Mendis" <rang...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: AttachmentHelper breaks Windows and AIX
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:07:11 GMT
  Hi John,

  When I tried to compile the Apache2Transport with AttachmentHelper class included I also
got the linking errors that you  mentioned. Then I renamed strtoul with strtol in the xlocnum
file. That solved the compilation problems.

  We tested all the classes related to ws-attachments in windows before committing and it
worked.

  Well I guess we'll have to test again.

  Regards,
  Rangika

  ----- Original Message -----
    From: John Hawkins
    To: axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
    Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 2:55 AM
    Subject: AttachmentHelper breaks Windows and AIX

    Hi Folks,

    Attachments appear to have broken the builds again I'm afraid. It broke on Windows and
AIX. It appears, after some investigation, that AttachmentHelper is the offending class. It
appears to compile fine on Linux but not on the other platforms. The errors below are what
we see in the ANT (windows) build. Perhaps this is an ANT build issue only? The issues on
AIX are similar.

    We've been struggling to fix this and we really need a stable build. So I'm sorry but
the best that I could do was remove the offending Objects from CVS until we can discuss it
on the mailing list. If this is an ANT build issue only when please could you explain what
the scripts need to include/exclude and we'll be happy to fix it.

    compileApache20Module:
        [copy] Copying 102 files to F:\build\nw00_PA\src\ws-axis\c\include\apache2_0
    Suspicious library name starting with "lib": libapr
    Suspicious library name starting with "lib": libhttpd
          [cc] 3 total files to be compiled.
          [cc] Apache2Transport.cpp
          [cc] D:\msdev6\VC98\INCLUDE\xlocnum(155) : error C2065: 'strtoul_is_not_a_portable_function_use_strtol_instead'
: undeclared identifier
          [cc]         D:\msdev6\VC98\INCLUDE\xlocnum(144) : while compiling class-template
member function 'class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> __thiscall std::num_get<char,class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> >::do_get(class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
>,class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class
std::ios_base &,int &,bool &) const'
          [cc] mod_axis2.cpp
          [cc] D:\msdev6\VC98\INCLUDE\xlocnum(155) : error C2065: 'strtoul_is_not_a_portable_function_use_strtol_instead'
: undeclared identifier
          [cc]         D:\msdev6\VC98\INCLUDE\xlocnum(144) : while compiling class-template
member function 'class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> __thiscall std::num_get<char,class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
> >::do_get(class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char>
>,class std::istreambuf_iterator<char,struct std::char_traits<char> >,class
std::ios_base &,int &,bool &) const'

    The changes I've made are to remove AttachmentHelper from being included in

     Modified:    c/src/server/apache2 AttachmentHelper.h Apache2Transport.cpp
                           Apache2Transport.h

    sorry for any inconvenience.
    John.

    John Hawkins