axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed new AxisClient/AxisTransport/TransportFactory/Channel implementation.
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:25:26 GMT
Hi Fred,

As per the sequence model, I am not sure if it is a good idea to
tunnel Channel bound messages through ChannelFactory. As an example,
why does setTransportProperty has to go throuhg ChannelFactory to
reach the channel? On the other hand, there is no need of passing this
onto Channel, as transport properties has nothing to do with the
channel.

As it looks to me this sounds like lots of changes to current trasport
(even non secure one). Is it a good idea to change the model which
seem to work OK?

" In this design, AxisTransport and
ChannelFactory would be part of AxisClient (i.e, not separately loadable)."
Does this mean that we are giving up current transport abstraction
layer? Could one be able to use a different HTTP hadling logic?

Regards,
Samisa...