axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The OpenSSL DLL and SecureChannel parts of Axis2Transport.
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:00:00 GMT
Damitha,
    Regarding dynamically loading only the channel:

> One other thing. Currently  we support dynamically loadble transport support.
> That means that one can write his own tranport
> implementing SOAPTransport.hpp and plug it into axis c++. I think this should
> be changed. Axis2Transport transport implementation should statically bind to
> axis client engine and it should be the channel that should be dynamically
> loaded. One can write his channel library implementing Channel.hpp I proposed
> above and plug it into axis c++.
> What do you think?.

I think, it is not only the channel, but the whole of Axis2Transport
should be loaded dynamically. It is tue that the Channel class handles
the socket connection stuff. However, one could choose to implement,
use another HTTP handling lib. The best example I can think of is
LibWWW - if that is to be used, no need of current Axis2Transport
class.

Samisa...