axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <>
Subject RE: Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:04:54 GMT

Hi All,
      I finally got the SSL DLL working!  The problems boiled down to a
couple of lines of code.  The main one was in Call.cpp in openConnection
where the code was attempting to set an Endpoint URI before it had loaded
the DLL.  The other problem was in Axis2Transport when setting the DLL
name.  There is an 'if' that surrounds the initialisation of the secure
channel that would only work if the channel was already secure.  By
changing this to if( m_pFactory) the initialisation code was called and
then everything works correctly.  I will re-check my fixes to against
today's CVS extract to ensure that these where the only changes I ended up
making, but I still can't see why this works on Linux, but did not work for
me on Windows!

Best regards,

Fred Preston.

                      Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB        To:       "Apache AXIS C Developers List" <>
                      MGB                      cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: Problems with Axis2Transport
& SecureChannel that need to be fixed before
                      10/12/04 13:54            releasing 1.4
                      Please respond to
                      "Apache AXIS C
                      Developers List"

Hi Farhaan,

Our perspective is that we don't mind if your SSl impl works or not  ;-)

It's just that the impl that is there today breaks ours. We're not quite
sure how yet - Fred is still investigating.

I guess it's up to you guys whether you want to fix your SSL for this
release. But I would like to get our version working.

We use the API discussed previously so as long as this is adhered to and
not broken by the Opensource impl then we should be fine. We'll keep you
updated on when ours is working.

thanks for your time here,

John Hawkins

             <farhaan@opensour                                          To
   >                    "'Apache AXIS C Developers List'"
             10/12/2004 12:57                                           cc

             Please respond to         RE: Problems with Axis2Transport &
              "Apache AXIS C           SecureChannel that need to be fixed
             Developers List"          before releasing 1.4

Hi Fred;

You have made it clear that you do not want the release to go ahead until
the issues with the SSL implementation is solved. Damitha is currently
looking into the issue and will respond.

Guys, it looks like we are holding the release till this is solved. Any
opinions / soltuions ?