axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:56:05 GMT

Hi Damitha,

Are there specific tests in the test-suite for this? What are they called?

cheers,
John.

John Hawkins

             damitha kumarage
             <damitha@opensour
             ce.lk>                                                     To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Problems with Axis2Transport &
             Developers List"          SecureChannel that need to be
                                       fixed before releasing 1.4

Hi Fred,

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 16:42, Fred Preston wrote:

> Hi All,
>       Further to my e-mail yesterday.  Can someone tell me why
> SecureChannel fails when I pass it a URI that begins with "HTTPS" (as
> opposed to the more usual "HTTP")?  I thought that the SSL implementation
> (or at least the framework) was to be in place before the release of 1.4.
> I have been telling customers that there will be a framework that
supports
> SSL in 1.4 and all you have to do is change your URI and call SetSecure()
> with a couple of parameters and add the SSL DLL name to the config file.
> When I tried to do this in my client application yesterday, it threw a
null
> pointer exception!  Under further investigation I find that this is
because
> the ChannelFactory::m_create object is null.  This object is only created
> when ChannelFactory::initialize(DLLName) is called and it never is!  So
> there are multiple problems with the current implementation of SSL that
> need to be fixed before we can say we have completed 1.4.  These are:-
>
>    Read the SSL DLL name from the config file.
>    Call ChannelFactory::initialize() with the DLL name.
>    Add more checking into Axis2Transport so that if
>    ChannelFactory::getSecureChannelObject() returns a NULL it is handled
>    correctly.
I have done all the above and it is working on linux for me fine. Maybe
something have gone missing from me in general. I explained my changes
in several mails and I have told about my changes on Jira307
03rd December 2004.

If this code is not tested by somebody other than me after that, yes
there could be problems.

I'll test this thouroughly and if i find problem I'll solve this for
linux and add detailed documentaion as well by Monday the earliest

Could somebody take the responsibility of testing this on Windows?

thanks
damitha

Developers List" <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

Preston/UK/IBM@IBMGB
>                                                Subject:  Axis2Transport &
SecureChannel

> Hi All,
>       Does anyone know what the status of the work that was being done
for
> SSL in Axis2Transport?  I've just tried to use a secure channel and the
> code fails because m_pCall->initialize() fails (when are we going to sort
> out the WSDL2WS for that line, it is so messy!) because openConnection
> fails (do we need the secure flag now?) because
> m_pTransport->setEndpointUri() fails because
m_pFactory->getSecureObject()