axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Preston <PREST...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:42:01 GMT

Hi All,
      Further to my e-mail yesterday.  Can someone tell me why
SecureChannel fails when I pass it a URI that begins with "HTTPS" (as
opposed to the more usual "HTTP")?  I thought that the SSL implementation
(or at least the framework) was to be in place before the release of 1.4.
I have been telling customers that there will be a framework that supports
SSL in 1.4 and all you have to do is change your URI and call SetSecure()
with a couple of parameters and add the SSL DLL name to the config file.
When I tried to do this in my client application yesterday, it threw a null
pointer exception!  Under further investigation I find that this is because
the ChannelFactory::m_create object is null.  This object is only created
when ChannelFactory::initialize(DLLName) is called and it never is!  So
there are multiple problems with the current implementation of SSL that
need to be fixed before we can say we have completed 1.4.  These are:-

   Read the SSL DLL name from the config file.
   Call ChannelFactory::initialize() with the DLL name.
   Add more checking into Axis2Transport so that if
   ChannelFactory::getSecureChannelObject() returns a NULL it is handled
   correctly.
   Create a stub template DLL that can be loaded by the channel factory to
   demonstrate how the user creates their own SSL DLL implementation.

Regards,

Fred Preston.

----- Forwarded by Fred Preston/UK/IBM on 10/12/04 10:07 -----

                      Fred Preston