axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATTN: New Axis User Group for Japanese started!
Date Sat, 25 Dec 2004 05:07:54 GMT
Hi John,

Thank you for your comments. Please see my responses inline.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, John Hawkins wrote:

> Could someone tell me what having a japanese Axis means
> please? If I look on the website if looks the same. I
> guess the code stays the same it's a user group not a dev
> group.

   The Japanese community has just been launched as a family
of Axis User Group. It's just a Japanese-specific community
to basically discuss the user-level issues of existing Axis
(English version) in Japanese. So, we don't have a Japanese
version of Axis at this time, we hope to have it in the near
future though.

> So, should I be looking on the jp mailing list too for new
> issues or will they all come via the main lists?

   We also have a plan to do an information exchange service
between the main lists (English) and the Japanese community
when any meaningful discussion comes up.  For this reason,
you don't have to subscribe the jp mailing list at all times.

   However, we'd like to welcome you (and anyone) who can
understand Japanese. In particular, an Axis C++ committer(or
a developer) will be well-received by the community, because
only one Axis committer (me) is active on it now.

> btw: I note that the jp web link to Axis C wiki is out of
> date so there must be some mirroring somewhere that isn't
> working ?

   Thanks for the report. I'll briefly change the link to
'http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/AxisCPP' later.

Thanks,
Toshi <toshi@apache.org>