axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Farhaan Mohideen" <farh...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: 1.5 features
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:57:09 GMT
Hi John

Maven: I come from a project management background and when I see the
features of Maven I think it would help us a hell of lot in determining the
current status of the project.
1. Forrest just let's us build the site only (not everyone of us is
comfortable with it)
2. With Maven you can in addition to building the site get it to compile the
code, include and exclude tests and then automate those tests. It let's us
generate project reports (http://maven.apache.org/maven-reports.html) (one
report specifies how many times a method has got executed using the various
tests included). All that we have to do is edit the project.xml file.

Maven has been successful with Java projects and I do not see a reason why
it should not work for C++ projects too. ??

Automation: At LSF we had not automated the tests and therefore we spent
quite a lot of time testing the both the client side and server side
especially during releases manually. We have done some amount of automation
on Linux, basically for the build process. My goal is to have an automated
test environment so that the latest build is checked out, run against
existing test cases and then to produce some results every night and post it
to the dev list. We definitely want to use Andrews framework to support the
server-side.

Regards
Farhaan