axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From damitha kumarage <dami...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:25:29 GMT
Hi Fred,
On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 23:04, Fred Preston wrote:

> Hi All,
>       I finally got the SSL DLL working!  The problems boiled down to a
> couple of lines of code.  The main one was in Call.cpp in openConnection
> where the code was attempting to set an Endpoint URI before it had loaded
> the DLL.  The other problem was in Axis2Transport when setting the DLL
> name.  There is an 'if' that surrounds the initialisation of the secure
> channel that would only work if the channel was already secure.  By
> changing this to if( m_pFactory) the initialisation code was called and
> then everything works correctly.  I will re-check my fixes to against
> today's CVS extract to ensure that these where the only changes I ended up
> making, but I still can't see why this works on Linux, but did not work for
> me on Windows!

The fixes you made are correct. The fix you made is related to getting
the secure channel library path. But even with this problem the code
worked on linux because it took the path from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Today sanjaya and me tried and  could not link the code on windows.
Since 1.4alpha ssl related stuff is tested on windows and working fine
I suggest to reverting back to ssl related stuff to 1.4 alpha. Then
since IBM related things also tested on 1.4alpha I suppose there will be
no problem making the release with ssl support.
This reverting back would not affect the basic ssl framework(the code
you intially put) much. I'll follow with another mail telling what are
the changes needed.

thanks
damitha

> Best regards,
>
> Fred Preston.
>

>                       John

>                       Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB        To:       "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
<axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>                       MGB                      cc:

>                                                Subject:  RE: Problems with Axis2Transport
& SecureChannel that need to be fixed before