axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Problems with Axis2Transport & SecureChannel that need to be fixed before releasing 1.4
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:51:04 GMT
"Samisa Abeysinghe" <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> writes:

> I think, learning from the resent past, we could lay out couple of
> conventions to get rid of problems with code freezes and releases.

+1 for setting something like this up.

> 1. Shall we agree on committing all new features two weeks before the
> code freeze in case that is only tested by the developer on one
> platform and one week before code freeze if the developer tests at
> least on two platforms. Given that we plan the releases at least one
> month prior I think this is quite feasible. Also, if one feels that
> there is too little time, he/she can always schedule the feature to
> the release after next.

This is good, but then the releases have to be at least 6 weeks apart.
Otherwise if its 4, that gives only 2 weeks for a feature to be impl'ed
which is pretty short. Esp. if someone is not working full-time on this
(as Damitha is right now).

Thanks for taking the lead on this Samisa.

Sanjiva.