axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <>
Subject Re: Selecting between HTTP 1.0 /1.1 is not supported with transport abstraction layer
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:48:22 GMT

If the stub chooses 1.1 can the server returns 1.0? If so what happens

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             03/11/2004 07:31                                           cc
             Please respond to         Selecting between HTTP 1.0 /1.1 is
              "Apache AXIS C           not supported with transport
             Developers List"          abstraction layer

Hi All,
    I was digging into the "Transport abstraction layer" (SOAPTransport.h)
while trying to
implement Keep-Alive support.

    I noticed that the transport layer does not have any mechanism for the
user to specify the
required HTTP version at Stub  level. Hence even though axis2 transport has
the support to use
either  HTTP 1.0 or 1.1, the abstraction layer always uses the default,
that is HTTP 1.1,
irrespective of what the user want.

    Aslo in GDefine.hpp, we have AXIS_PROTOCOL_TYPE with values APTHTTP=1,
APTHTTPS, APTOTHER. Again there is no distiction for HTTP 1.0/1.1. And
there is a get method to
access protocol, but no set method.

    I guess we have to let the user select transport protocol at stub
level. (Without this there
is no point supporting Keep-Alive behaviour for HTTP 1.0 as it always uses
HTTP 1.1)

Thoughts please...

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.