axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Do we need to keep LibWWW transport updated
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:59:43 GMT

+1 for documenting status of modules - where would we do this, though a cvs
readme  or on the website?
      Is there any way that we can remove libwww entirely from the src tree
- does cvs allow you to find "deleted files" as some repositories do (I
don't know enough about how cvs works, sorry).

+1 for build frameworks being updated so they now longer reference libwww
at all.

John Hawkins

             "sanjaya
             singharage"
             <sanjayas@opensou                                          To
             rce.lk>                   "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
                                       <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
             17/11/2004 04:10                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Do we need to keep LibWWW
              "Apache AXIS C           transport updated
             Developers List"

A question on infrastructure. The current active developers will know what
are being maintained and what are not. But for new people or for the sake
of
documenting it should we put it down somewhere as to the current status of
each module (i.e. whether they are being maintained or not) or is this
overkill?
Also what should be done for build frameworks (i.e. vc, ant, make) for
unmaintained modules? For example should we remove the libwww transport
project from the Distribution workspace (while keeping the vc projects if
needed later)?

+1  for hibernating libwww transport.

sanjaya.