axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Test tool?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:23:12 GMT

Hi Folks,

Sometime ago Samisa was saying that he didn't have a users service so he
was having problems solving their problem. I've created a simple Java
program that emulates a service.
It listens on a port. Receives (and then throws away) a request. It then
returns back to the requestor the contents of a file. The file has to have
the complete HTTP response in it.

I wondered if this was of use to people? I think it might help us tackle
issues from users that we don't have the services for. Is there anywhere
else we can use this tool? Test perhaps?
I'm not going to put it into CVS until I see what response it gets here (if
you want it to try it out please shout).

It could be improved - you could imagine that it could read the incoming
request and depending on the msg send back a different file etc.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

cheers,
John.

John Hawkins