axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Run fails [WAS:Re: Build error log for CVS source - Summary: build success}
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:50:57 GMT

Cool - yes, the actual "cvs site" is correct and working but when you go
here ->http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/
the files are different. unfortunately Adrian was doing all this and he's
on holiday this wk. so, if anyone wants a nightly build this week they'll
have to go to cvs directly.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Run fails [WAS:Re: Build error
             Developers List"          log for CVS source - Summary: build
                                       success}

Hi John,
   I got it from http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly/. The site shows
last modified day to be
22-Nov-2004.

    I tried the Linux build and did not get the locking problem with that,
which means it is
working correctly.

    BTW - It is very nice to see the nightly builds going. :)
Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Samisa,
>
> I'm afraid to say that I'm a little confused with the nightly build at
the
> moment. According to the web-site the last update was on Octboer the
26th.
> But according to our ftp logs it was yesterday so I'm not sure what build
> you actually got ! Can you tell? I'm going to try and investigate later
> today but v. busy !
>

> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe

>              <samisa_abeysingh

>              e@yahoo.com>
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List

>              23/11/2004 08:19          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Run fails [WAS:Re: Build error

>              Developers List"          log for CVS source - Summary:
build
>                                        success}

> I tried the noghly build today and it is not blocking.
> Is this something to do with the GNU make build? Has there been any files
> removed lately from the
> source that the GNU make build is not updated for?
>
> I also have few comments on the nightly build:
>
> 1. so files are named with ".so.1.4.0" postfix. Can we make it just .so
as
> -l option only picks
> those
>
> 2. libs are placed in axis-c-1.4.0-Linux-bin/axis/lib. However they are
> placed in deploy/lib
> usually. So can we place the libs in axis-c-1.4.0-Linux-bin/deploy/lib
>
> 3. There are neoumourous name differences in the so files available with
> the nightly build and
> those build with GNU make system. (Simply speaking they are not
consistant)
> I think .so file names
> that come with nightly build are more appropriate. We have to make the
GNU
> make to build the same
> and also change the docs accordingly.
>
> 4. Nither ant not make could be used to build samples. I had to use g++
on
> command line. Why not
> have the samples built for the nightly build?
>
> 5. simple_axis_server is placed in bin, usually this is placed in
> deploy/bin
>
> 6. Excecute rights are not set on simple_axis_server binary
>

> --- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I will try the nightly build.
> >
> > However, I am still facing the same problem with the CVS checkout with
> GNU make build.
> >
> > Samisa...
> > --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Our build from the 19th did not have this problem. Perhaps try the
> > > overnight build on the web-site?
> > >
> > > John Hawkins
> > >

> > >              Samisa Abeysinghe
>
> > >              <samisa_abeysingh
>
> > >              e@yahoo.com>
> > >                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>
> > >              22/11/2004 10:01          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>

> cc
> > >

> > >              Please respond to
> Subject
> > >               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Run fails [WAS:Re: Build
> error
> > >              Developers List"          log for CVS source - Summary:
> build
> > >                                        success}

> > > Is anybody else experiancing this?
> > >
> > > I think it is failing to go past lock() call in
> > > DeserializerPool::getInstance() of
> > > src/engine/DeserializerPool.cpp.
> > >
> > > However, I am still strugling to find a solution. Appreciate any
help.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Samisa...

> > > infinitely.

> > > lock. Unfortunately gdb

> /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
> > > /home/samisa/autoCVS/cvsAutoBuild/deploy/lib/libaxiscpp_client.so.0

> > > The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
> > > http://my.yahoo.com

=== message truncated ===