axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Damitha Kumarage" <>
Subject Transport test tool
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:04:39 GMT
I have written a small testing tool for axis2 transport. This is very helpful
for me in my work on mime attachment support.
I have a small server which listen on a specified port and it just accept any
request(soap or not). On receivin the request it send back a message read from
a file.
my small client can send any message read from a file to any server with a
specified port and receive the reply back and just display it on the screen.

So basically this test client can be used to test a soap server with
arbitrarily modified soap messages. On the other hand my test server can be
used to test a soap client on the receiving end. That is I can arbitraily
modify the response message and test with the client

I remember John Howkins talked about a similar tool. But I can't remember
exactly what it does. Where should we put this kind of tools in the code base.
Should we create a utils folder under Axis c++ root folder and put them?

I also created a testcase for Axis2Transport's getBytes method. Basically it
creates a transport, set url, call the getBytes method with arbitrary size
buffer witht a pointer to buffer size in a loop and accumulate the received
message and display it. This I use with the test server I mentioned above,so
that I don't worry about the reqeust path

Damitha Kumarage
hSenid Software International (PVT) Ltd

Lanka Software Foundation (

View raw message