axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Run fails [WAS:Re: Build error log for CVS source - Summary: build success}
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:07:39 GMT
There is a definite problem with the SharedObject::lock () method inherited by DeserializerPool
class.

The problem occures when it is called by DeserializerPool class. SerializerPool calls the
same
method prior to DeserializerPool calls it and does not hang. The client hangs when
DeserializerPool calls SharedObject::lock()

If I comment out  pthread_mutex_lock (mut); in SharedObject::lock () it works fine.
I am not sure why this is happening. Also it is very strange that others are not seeing this
problem. :(

Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried the noghly build today and it is not blocking.
> Is this something to do with the GNU make build? Has there been any files removed lately
from
> the
> source that the GNU make build is not updated for?
>
> I also have few comments on the nightly build:
>
> 1. so files are named with ".so.1.4.0" postfix. Can we make it just .so as -l option
only picks
> those
>
> 2. libs are placed in axis-c-1.4.0-Linux-bin/axis/lib. However they are placed in deploy/lib
> usually. So can we place the libs in axis-c-1.4.0-Linux-bin/deploy/lib
>
> 3. There are neoumourous name differences in the so files available with the nightly
build and
> those build with GNU make system. (Simply speaking they are not consistant) I think .so
file
> names
> that come with nightly build are more appropriate. We have to make the GNU make to build
the
> same
> and also change the docs accordingly.
>
> 4. Nither ant not make could be used to build samples. I had to use g++ on command line.
Why not