axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Why create new client transport object for each invoke?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:03:51 GMT
The current client side code creates a new transport for each method invocation from within
the
same Stub, no matter we use HTTP 1.1 or 1.0. With HTTP 1.1, this is incorrect, as by default,
it
should assume persistant connections. When implementing Keep-Alive support, it is important
that
the client transport follow the given HTTP rules.

I could put some effort and fix this (and I think we should fix this). However, I want to
first
make sure that I am not breaking any serious assumptions made by the code. So if any of you
have
any reasoning for creating the transport object for each invocation, please let me know.

Thanks,
Samisa...