axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Problems with Keep-Alive and Cookie test cases - WSDL2Ws tool problems
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 03:45:22 GMT
Hi All,
    As I have mentioned earlier, I am working on suporting cookies and keep-alive.

    I am looking for a test sample for this. As we know Axis C++ server side support nither
session with Cookies nor Keep-Alive.
    So I have to try with Axis Java server.
    The sample in samples/addr folder of Axis Java distibution let me test both Connection:close
for HTTP 1.1 ans Cookie based session. However there is a problem. The AddressBook.wsdl that
there does not work with WSDL2WS tool. It givem me a java.lang.NullPointerException. :-( When
fix the error in WSDL to eliminate null pointer problem I get 6 classes with "class with no
attributes". (hmmmm....... there are too many TODOs with WSDL tool. It is quite annyong that
number of WSDLs that work with this tool is so limited.)

Either we have to fix the WSDL tool to generate correct code for the Axis Java sample's WSDL
is going to be time consuming) or
I need to have another endpoint with a WSDL that would work with our WSDL2Ws tool.
I do not want to deal with the WSDL tool as there is some refactoring effort going on with
Does anyone know of a services or other Axis Java samples that deals with cookie based sessions
and /or Keep-Alive?

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.

View raw message