axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Selecting between HTTP 1.0 /1.1 is not supported with transport abstraction layer
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 07:31:10 GMT
Hi All,
    I was digging into the "Transport abstraction layer" (SOAPTransport.h) while trying to
implement Keep-Alive support.

    I noticed that the transport layer does not have any mechanism for the user to specify
the
required HTTP version at Stub  level. Hence even though axis2 transport has the support to
use
either  HTTP 1.0 or 1.1, the abstraction layer always uses the default, that is HTTP 1.1,
irrespective of what the user want.

    Aslo in GDefine.hpp, we have AXIS_PROTOCOL_TYPE with values APTHTTP=1, APTFTP, APTSMTP,
APTHTTPS, APTOTHER. Again there is no distiction for HTTP 1.0/1.1. And there is a get method
access protocol, but no set method.

    I guess we have to let the user select transport protocol at stub level. (Without this
there
is no point supporting Keep-Alive behaviour for HTTP 1.0 as it always uses HTTP 1.1)

Thoughts please...

Thanks,
Samisa...