axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <>
Subject Changes to ANT build scripts
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:36:11 GMT

For those of you using the ANT build scripts, I have just committed a
number of changes to support the nightly builds I'm currently setting up.
I and Andrew Perry have thoroughly tested these on Windows, Linux and AIX.

To build and package is now a 2 step process:
   Within ws-axis/c run:
   This will create the libraries (with and without debug, and also with
   and without trace), WSDL2Ws tool and documentation
   Within ws-axis/c run:
      ant -f package.xml
   This will create binary and source release deliverables (a version of
   each with and without trace)

"Out of the box" these scripts use the new Axis transport and Xerces - (you
will need to set XERCES_HOME environment variable before use).
If you wish to use an alternate or additional transport or XML Parser,
simply modify the build.<platform>.properties file to state "true" against
your desired selection.

As a reminder, these currently only build the Client, transport and
XMLParser libraries - I shall be working on the server libraries over the
next few days.

Adrian Dick (

View raw message