axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <>
Subject Re: PreReqs and build.xml
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:06:51 GMT

> Hi,
> using ant/build.xml I fail to compile axis. Now it is:
> /opt/axis/cvs/development/ws-axis/c/buildWSDL2Ws.xml:10:
> /opt/axis/cvs/development/PreReqs not found.
> What is PreReqs?

This comes from the property - dir.axisJARs - which I had updated with the
paths on our build machines.
I had not intended to check this change back into CVS - apologies for that.
I shall correct this immediately.

Obviously using hardcoded paths in the property files is going to cause
problems when everyone has subtly different environments, so I'm taking the
route you suggested a while back of picking up environment variables.  I
would still prefer to avoid such things, but it's quite clear this isn't
possible unless we were to keep all of our prereqs (Apache, Xerces, etc.)
in CVS.

If you wish to use the properties files "out-of-the-box" you will require
the following environment variables:
   Location of Axis JARs                        ->    AXISJAVA_LIB
   Location of XML Parser (to match your selection)   ->    XERCES_HOME  /

I shall ensure these are all correctly documented when I complete this
Adrian Dick (

View raw message