axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Components in JIRA
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:11:22 GMT

I did mention this in my original note ->

> > I also created the component "Transport (original and libwww)"
> > Question - Can we delete the old transport (not libwww?) or do we still
> > think it's useful? (Sorry, if this has been asked before !)

I agree - I think we can get rid of the old transport. We should leave
libww for a while and see if anyone uses or fixes it.

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Components in JIRA
             Developers List"

Hi John,
    I was just wondering if we should have seperate components in Jira for
different transport
implementations.
e.g.                Transport (Client - axis)
              Transport (Client - axis2)
              Transport (Client - LibWWW)

This would make our life easy when tracking issues.

Additonaly we could make a dicision as to whether we are going to maintain
axis (old) transport
any further. ( I think it is an extra buden for us)

Thoughts please...

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>     Re: Question on XML parser abstraction layer
> Expat, Xerces and XML4C are implementations of the bastraction layer API
(defined in
> src/xml/XMLParser.h). There could be issues related to the API
independent of specific parser
> implementation. Hence I think "XML parser abstraction layer" should be
there (We could rename it
> to , say "XML parser abstraction layer API")
>
>     Re: Question on Transport component
> Similar to paser abstraction API, we have Transport abstraction API.
Hence I think we have to