axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Pointer initilization
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:39:21 GMT

+1 to after deletion

John Hawkins

             Mark
             Whitlock/UK/IBM@I
             BMGB                                                       To
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             06/10/2004 09:52                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Fw: Pointer initilization
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

+1 (although I just added a fix which initialised a pointer to 0 - my
mistake - I'll change it to NULL after 1.3)
Wouldn't it be good to set the pointer to NULL after an object has been
delete'd?
This avoids accidentally reusing a deleted object.
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 06/10/2004 09:46 -----

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Pointer initilization
             Developers List"

Hi All,
   In the generated code (by WSDL2WS) as well as in the Axis C++ engine
code we have pointer
inited using 0. Would'nt the code be more readable if we used NULL instead
to init pointers?

Thanks,
Samisa...