axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Dick <adrian.d...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: 1.4 - Header file restructuring [WAS :Re: RE: Re: 1.3 release]
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:43:44 GMT

> >1. At the moment few headders common to both client and server are in
> include/axis/server. We got
> to move them to include/axis
> Not sure what you mean here?

Am I right in thinking the intention is to correctly re-organise to become:
include/axis            -     Common to client and server
include/axis/server     -     Server only
include/axis/client     -     Client only

In which case +1

> >2. As Mark have identified in a Jira issue we have to remove some
headers
> with empty classes etc.

+1

> 3. Parser (XMLParser.h) and transport (SOAPTransport.h) abstraction layer
> headers are hidden
> inside src. I guess we go to ship those headers, so that if users want
they
> can extend and write
> their own parser/transport libs. Hence move them to include/axis

As John mentioned, this isn't something we'd expect service writers to be
doing, so I also say -1.