axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From dami...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: Solaris and 1.3 release (Running tests)
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:15:43 GMT
> [...]
>> >
>> > Some of the tests have been written to call services which are not yet
>> in
>> > the Axis C++ project so some will fail.
>> >
>> > You can create a file in the tests/auto_build/testcases directory
>> called
>> > test.list which will contain the list of wsdls to run tests for, e.g.
>> if
>> > the file contained
>> >
>> > tests/auto_build/testcases/wsdls/CalculatorDoc.wsdl
>> > tests/auto_build/testcases/wsdls/ExceptionTestDoc.wsdl
>> > tests/auto_build/testcases/wsdls/FaultMappingDoc.wsdl
>> > tests/auto_build/testcases/wsdls/MathOpsDoc.wsdl
>> >
>> > only those 4 tests would be run.
>> >
>> > You can also create a file called test.endpoints which specified the
>> > endpoint to call, but without any server or port information as this
>> is
>> > get
>> > from the testHost and testPort properties. e.g. if the testHost was
>> set to
>> > testserver and the testPort was set to 9080 and the test.endpoints
>> > contained
>> >
>> > CalculatorDocEP = Calculator/services/Calculator
>> > ExceptionTestDocEP = ExceptionTest/services/MathOps
>> > FaultMappingDocEP = FaultMapping/services/MathOps
>> > MathOpsDocEP = MathOps/services/MathOps
>>
>> According to this scheme clients can be tested only against one server
>> one
>> time, because we can specify only one testserver and testPort, right?
>> So if we have a file containing
>>
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleRefDoc:host=192.168.101.4
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeArray:host=192.168.101.15
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeInnerUnbounded:host=192.168.101.4
>>
> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeInnerUnboundedInOutput:host=192.168.101.15
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/inquire_v2:host=192.168.101.15
>>
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleRefDoc:port=80
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeArray:port=9090
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeInnerUnbounded:port=80
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/SimpleTypeInnerUnboundedInOutput:port=9090
>> /home/damitha/projects/cvshead/tests/auto_build/inquire_v2:port=9090
>>
>> clients can send to different servers.  This file is an auto-generated
>> one.
>> You need to just change the server and port
>
> It is a good idea to be able to have the option of connecting to different
> servers and different
> ports.
> However, can we make the host and port parts in above configuration
> optional, so that if present,
> the specified values would be picked, if not default (or globle) value
> would be used.
>
> This makes life easy in case one is using the same server/port for all
Yes this feature is currently availble in the script based version. There,
as  I said test.config is generated in which each service is listed with
default host and port as given in apache_ports.config. Once it generated
for the default host and port we can change the host and port for selected
services and run the testcases for them. What I mean is, it is good to
have this in ant version.

thanks
damitha