axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Code freeze for Axis C++ 1.3 final release.
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:45:18 GMT
I have been stugling with 136 just to understand what exactly is going wrong.

I *think* I know how to solve this. Basically there is an error on the way complex objects
are
serialized for RPC style on server side. (Not sure if the same apply for the doc style)
This would prevent the Axis C++ server from interoperating with other SOAP engines. (However
it
works with Axis C++ clinets) This is *not* a client side problem, and that is why C++ client
can
work with Java server. (and that is one of the reasons why I was not seriously looking into
this
issues as I was working more on the client side)

If we are to fix this we need to change not only the WSDL tool but also the core serializer
code
(namely SoapSerializer::addOutputCmplxParam and/or Param::serialize() and the generated method
for
complex types Axis_Serialize_ComplexTypeName) as per my understanding as of now. However the
number of methods to be changed would expand as we go on fixing this.

I have been looking into the ways of providing a quick patch, however, it is not possible
to solve
the problem without changing the serializer code.

While it is possible to take some time (2/3 days to 1 week) and fix this, it is quite risky
change this at this moment as it is going to affect both the server side and client side,
specilly
a core module - Serializer. (a fix would affect the client side, because at the mpment the
complex
type serialization is done using the same methods for both client and server. In order to
fix this
issue we need to change the way how serialization is done for server. However at the moment
both
the SOAPSerializer and generated client code uses the same syntax/semantics for serializing,
which
is incorrect)

If we are to do 1.3 final in another, say, 2 weeks time, it is not a good idea to fix this
now as
it would take some time before we know for sure the fix works, considering its complexity.

Thoughts please...

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> 136 - Not fixed. I have requested a WSDL to recreate the problem, but did not get it.
It would
> be
> easier to if the creeater of the issue could provide the WSDL - else it would take a
bit more
> time
> to look for one and fix it. However, I can have a look into this problem.
>
> 75 - This is an enhancement that I requested. To my knowlege, there was no specific work
on
> this.
> We do not have tests in CVS to test againt this - thus we have to build one - however
I am not

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10461&priorityIds=2&resolutionIds=-1

> > And see that there are still three issues marked as "Critical". It looks to
> > me as if 136 is critical - any one else got an opinion - has it been fixed
> > and I missed it?
> >
> > The other two -
> > 89 - currently being dealt with
> > 75 - has this been fixed - do we have a test to ensure the code has not
> > been regressed?
> >
> > Until we're sure that these have been fixed I'm not happy to say that we
> > are done for 1.3?
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              damitha kumarage
> >              <damitha@opensour
> >              ce.lk>                                                     To
> >                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
> >              13/10/2004 12:37          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

> >                                                                         cc
> >
> >              Please respond to                                     Subject
> >               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Code freeze for Axis C++ 1.3
> >              Developers List"          final release.
> >

> > Hi all,
> > Now since majority of the bugs at jira are resolved and we need to start
> > working on 1.4 version for new changes how about making the code freeze
> > on Friday 15th Oct 2004. We may have the final release on Tuesday 19th
> > Oct 2004.
> >
> > thanks
> > damitha
> > On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 14:38, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > > OK. Looks like majority are on the other side.
> > > Lets go ahead and do the release with other transport.
> > >
> > > (I was pushing for axis2 transport because, for me, many problems went
> > away - even paser related
> > > stuff such as the issue on AxisBench with Xerces)
> > >
> > > Samisa...

> > tested
> > again?

> > transport