axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Use of thread lib specific locking in Axis C++ code
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 04:07:22 GMT
Hi All,
    It looks like we are using thread specific locking in the code.
    Have a look at  SharedObject class in src/engine/SharedObject.h
    We have lock() and unlock() methods. And they use phread specific locking for non WIN32
platforms .

    The following classes inherit SharedObject class and use lock/unlock methods:
AppScopeHandlerPool
DeserializerPool
HandlerLoader
HandlerPool
RequestScopeHandlerPool
SerializerPool
SessionScopeHandlerPool

    While it is understandable that this locking is required to achieve thread safety with
object
pools used by the engine, the question is, how desirable it is to use this kind of thread
lib
specific locking within the code?

Thanks,
Samisa...