axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From rang...@opensource.lk
Subject Re: New user issues on Windows
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:38:52 GMT
Hi Dave,

I got the latest CVS contents & checked the windows developers guide.

> 2) The "Axis C++ Windows Developers Guide" is similarly outdated.
>       a) It talks about the AXIS_HOME environment variable (I discovered
> via the debugger that it's now AXISCPP_DEPLOY)

It doesn't talk about AXIS_HOME environment variable but it talks about
AXISCPP_DEPLOY.

>       b) The axiscpp.conf directives AXISLOGPATH and WSDDFILEPATH have
> been changed.  Fortunately these are listed in the template
> axiscpp.conf_win

AXISLOGPATH is not mentioned in the win dev guide.It talks abt
"logpath".Axis C++ 1.3 uses logpath.

>       c) It doesn't talk about AxisTransport, Axis2Transport, or the
> AxisXMLParser projects and how they need to be deployed.

It does talk abt AxisTransport and AxisXMLParser. But it doesn't mention
abt Axis2Transport. We will have to put it there.

>3) The Post Buld step od AxisServer still references the AXIS_HOME
> environment variable.

 The Post Buld step of AxisServer does not refer to the AXIS_HOME
 environment variable.The environment variable AXIS_HOME is not used in
the win dev guide.

Can you pls recheck the win dev guide to see the problems that you found
are still existing.

Thanks for your information.

Regards,
Rangika

I grabbed the latest CVS contents yesterday and set out to build and