axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Perry2 <>
Subject Re: Transport headers in Response
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:33:13 GMT

I thought that the point of stubs was to keep things like transport away
from the client so that the client just calls the service to get data but
doesn't care how it's done, and certainly SOAP is supposed to be transport
independent. From this perspective it does not make sense to allow access
to the HTTP headers in the client, however useful it may be.

Andrew Perry
Clients for Web Service Stack
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Samisa Abeysinghe
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             29/09/2004 09:50          <>
              "Apache AXIS C           Transport headers in Response
             Developers List"

Hi All,
    The client transport implementations that we have at the moment do not
care about the
incomming transport headers; they are just discarded.
    We could easily capture the incomming HTTP headers in the response.
However, my question is,
should we allow the Stub class to access these HTTP heades in the respose?
(does it make sense?)
    If the above is required, we may have to update the current API for the
stub class.

Do you Yahoo!?