axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Choices for ant build server side] C++ Web Services article
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:51:09 GMT

Can we judge whether this is worth putting effort into?
How many people etc?

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: [Choices for ant build server
             Developers List"          side] C++ Web Services article

Hi John,
    Yes people try the Simple Axis Server, but it does not work.
    (It would be good if we could make it work, because that is the only
way that a user could try
Axis C++ without installing apache server)

Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Samisa,
>
> C server is almost non-functional - pardon?
> Do you mean it doesn't work? I keep seeing people on the mailing list
> attempting to use it?
>

> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe

>              <samisa_abeysingh

>              e@yahoo.com>
>                                        Apache AXIS C User List

>              27/09/2004 06:08          <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>,

>                                        axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

cc
>              Please respond to

>               "Apache AXIS C
Subject
> [...]

> latest?
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> --- Adrian Dick <adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently, the ANT script we'll be using for the daily builds compile
the
> > Client, Transport and XML Parser libraries.  Obviously, we'll also need
> > build the server-side libraries.
> >
> > Looking at the documentation it appears there are 3 choices for the
> > server-side:
> >    Stand-alone Axis C Server
> >    Web server module for Apache 1.3
> >    Web server module for Apache 2
> >
> > Does anyone have an opinion on an obvious first choice for the daily
> > builds?  What do most people use out there?
> >
> > Adrian
> >
> > _______________________________________
> > Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)
> >

> >              John
>
> >              Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
>
> >              MGB
> >                                        "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
>
> >              24-09-04 13:01            <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>,
>
> >                                        axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
>

> cc
> >              Please respond to
>
> >               "Apache AXIS C
> Subject
> >                 User List"             Re: C++ Web Services article

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I put this up yesterday, Is everyone OK about the choice of parser &
> > transport ? Initially It will be Samisas new transport until Libwww
gets
> > working.
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> > Cool :-)
> >
> > We are in the middle of getting regular daily builds put up to the
apache
> > site. If you can tell us how to create the mage then we can get it put
> into
> > this process :-) If it's easy then we can put it into the ANT scripts
for
> > you.
> >
> > Our builds are going to be built on
> >
> > Xerces as parser,
> > libwww as transport (providing Samisa can make it work  in next few
wks)

> >     Intel redhat Adv svr 3.0 (linux kernel 2.4.21-15.EL smp)Update 2  -
> gcc
> >
> >     3.2.3 (built into OS)
> >
> >     Win 2003 - MS Dev 6.0
> >
> >     AIX 5.1 ML4 - Visual Age C++ 6.0.0.0
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              Valentine
> >              Kouznetsov
> >              <vkuznet@yahoo.co
> >              m>                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
> >                                        <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
> >              23/09/2004 15:07
> cc
> >

> Subject
> >              Please respond to         Re: C++ Web Services article
> >               "Apache AXIS C
> >              Developers List"
> >

> > If project is interesting of making Linux RPMs.
> > I had quite a bit of experience with them and can

=== message truncated ===