axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [LibWWW transport thread safety]Bad HTTP state with threads.
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:08:26 GMT
Looks like we are loosing the battle :(

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/1998JanMar/0033.html

I have been trying my best to get the threads working with the pseudo thread model of LibWWW.
But
even with lib level init within Axis C++, when used with a real pthrerad application, the
LibWWW
library fails. Looks like we have to modify LibWWW to make it really thread safe (putting
locks
etc.). This is too much and I do not think it is worth consodering to use LibWWW based transport
with our own modifications to LibWWW source, to make it thread safe.

Thanks,
Samisa...