axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Choices for ant build server side] C++ Web Services article
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:44:33 GMT
John,
    Personally I believe it is worth putting effort into, as this could be used very effectivel
for testing etc. Additionally, it would help more users try out Axis C++ with miimal effort
(without having to install Apache etc.)

The effort:
    According to my understanding, the task of updating and getting the Simple Axis server
working
requires a developer with some good understanding of the serializer, deserializer, parser
layer
and transport layer. Ideally we need someone who has a very good understanding of the apache
modules.
The time required for suc a person would be two full weeks. (If I am to do this, however,
I would
need at least three to four weeks, as I have to study the apache modules in more depth)

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Can we judge whether this is worth putting effort into?
> How many people etc?
>

> John Hawkins
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe
>              <samisa_abeysingh
>              e@yahoo.com>                                               To
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>              27/09/2004 10:48          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>                                                                         cc
>
>              Please respond to                                     Subject
>               "Apache AXIS C           Re: [Choices for ant build server
>              Developers List"          side] C++ Web Services article
>

> Hi John,
>     Yes people try the Simple Axis Server, but it does not work.
>     (It would be good if we could make it work, because that is the only
> way that a user could try
> Axis C++ without installing apache server)
>
> Samisa...
>
> --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Samisa,
> >
> > C server is almost non-functional - pardon?
> > Do you mean it doesn't work? I keep seeing people on the mailing list
> > attempting to use it?
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              Samisa Abeysinghe
>
> >              <samisa_abeysingh
>
> >              e@yahoo.com>
> >                                        Apache AXIS C User List
>
> >              27/09/2004 06:08          <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>,
>
> >                                        axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
>

> cc
> >              Please respond to
>
> >               "Apache AXIS C
> Subject
> >              Developers List"          Re: [Choices for ant build server
>
> >                                        side] C++ Web Services article

> > Hi Adrian,
> >     Out of the 3 choices for the server side, Stand-alone Axis C Server
> is
> > almost non functional,
> > with the simple Axis server code not being updated in line with the
> changes
> > to the parser
> > abstraction etc. So that is out.
> >
> >     When selecting between Apache 1.3 vs. Apache 2, why not go for the
> > latest?
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...
> >
> > --- Adrian Dick <adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Currently, the ANT script we'll be using for the daily builds compile
> the
> > > Client, Transport and XML Parser libraries.  Obviously, we'll also need
> > > build the server-side libraries.
> > >
> > > Looking at the documentation it appears there are 3 choices for the
> > > server-side:
> > >    Stand-alone Axis C Server
> > >    Web server module for Apache 1.3
> > >    Web server module for Apache 2
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an opinion on an obvious first choice for the daily
> > > builds?  What do most people use out there?
> > >
> > > Adrian

> > > Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)
> > >

> > >              John

> [...]
=== message truncated ===