axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Choices for ant build server side] C++ Web Services article
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:08:23 GMT
Hi Adrian,
    Out of the 3 choices for the server side, Stand-alone Axis C Server is almost non functional,
with the simple Axis server code not being updated in line with the changes to the parser
abstraction etc. So that is out.

    When selecting between Apache 1.3 vs. Apache 2, why not go for the latest?
Thanks,
Samisa...

--- Adrian Dick <adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, the ANT script we'll be using for the daily builds compile the
> Client, Transport and XML Parser libraries.  Obviously, we'll also need to
> build the server-side libraries.
>
> Looking at the documentation it appears there are 3 choices for the
> server-side:
>    Stand-alone Axis C Server
>    Web server module for Apache 1.3
>    Web server module for Apache 2
>
> Does anyone have an opinion on an obvious first choice for the daily
> builds?  What do most people use out there?
>
> Adrian
>
> _______________________________________
> Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)
>

>              John
>              Hawkins/UK/IBM@IB
>              MGB                                                        To
>                                        "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
>              24-09-04 13:01            <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>,
>                                        axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
>                                                                         cc
>              Please respond to
>               "Apache AXIS C                                       Subject
>                 User List"             Re: C++ Web Services article

> Hi Folks,
>
> I put this up yesterday, Is everyone OK about the choice of parser &
> transport ? Initially It will be Samisas new transport until Libwww gets
> working.
>

> John Hawkins
>

> Cool :-)
>
> We are in the middle of getting regular daily builds put up to the apache
> site. If you can tell us how to create the mage then we can get it put into
> this process :-) If it's easy then we can put it into the ANT scripts for
> you.
>
> Our builds are going to be built on
>
> Xerces as parser,
> libwww as transport (providing Samisa can make it work  in next few wks)
>

>     Intel redhat Adv svr 3.0 (linux kernel 2.4.21-15.EL smp)Update 2  - gcc
>
>     3.2.3 (built into OS)
>
>     Win 2003 - MS Dev 6.0
>
>     AIX 5.1 ML4 - Visual Age C++ 6.0.0.0
>

> John Hawkins
>

>              Valentine
>              Kouznetsov
>              <vkuznet@yahoo.co                                          To
>              m>                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
>                                        <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>              23/09/2004 15:07                                           cc
>
>                                                                    Subject
>              Please respond to         Re: C++ Web Services article
>               "Apache AXIS C
>              Developers List"
>

> If project is interesting of making Linux RPMs.
> I had quite a bit of experience with them and can
> try to make one(s) for axis.
>
> If so, I need to know some preferences:
> - which XML parser to use (I used expat on Linux)
> - which release to use (so far I used 1.2 with success
> for my business project)
> - which Linux distribution to use (so far I used
> Fedora and RedHat 9), I can make spec files which can
> [...]
=== message truncated ===