axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Valentine Kouznetsov <>
Subject new which works on Linux and Solaris!!!
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:08:39 GMT
finally I managed to get configure works on both
platforms: Linux and Solaris.
Tough exercise :)
Hope to see it in development tree and forthcoming

A few comments though:
On Solaris automake will not generate if
NEWS AUTHORS README ChangeLog are missing. It looks
like --add-missing option doesn't work on Solaris. I
would propose to add the following command in
in front of libtoolize.

I'm attaching the following files:
- is the configure file in top-level
- is the configure file in
samples/client directory
- is the configure file in
samples/server directory.

For the first time I was able to compile
samples/server and client codes and install them on
Solaris node. The samples area is not yet included in
build.xml file and haven't spend time to include them.

Next step would be try to invoke Axis tests. Do you
have any script which do that or should I follow
description on Axis web site?
Also, does anyone have apache/Axis running somewhere.
I don't think that I'll be able to run server on our
Solaris node (sorry, it's a policy). If someone is
running a server I can invoke test programm and see
what happens.

Do you Yahoo!?