axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [test-results]Axis C++ Autobuild and regression test
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:54:54 GMT

--- damitha kumarage <damitha@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 07:24, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> > Is it possible to get only the errors in this message please?
>
> Currently what I'm sending is
> cat  $HOME_DIR/testcases/build/runTestCase.log | mutt -s
> "[test-results]Axis C++ Autobuild and regression test" -a
> "$HOME_DIR/testcases/build/buildTestCase.log" -x
> axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
>
> runTestCase.log contains summary. buildTestCase.log helps us to identify
> the problem if there is something going wrong.
>
> So what you mean is filter from these two files only the failures?

Yes this is one option.

The other is to write errors to a seperate file and mail it. (at the moment we write both
success
and failure to the same file)

Having only errors in the message would encourage people to have a look and fix; If we have
hunt for errors, it is more likely that folks would take this mail for granted after some
time.

Thanks,
Samisa...