axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Generated source in CVS
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:25:11 GMT

OK, I see what you're saying.

Hmm, not sure that this is going to work. As soon as we find a single test
that we want to add we would then have a choice of either adding it into
Axis-Java tests (and hence having to write a Java client) or adding it into
C testsuite. This then turns into an "Axis" test-suite. Which is a good
idea but not sure that we are ready to do this just yet?

Oh and - do they have the same level of automation in Axis-Java?

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           RE: Generated source in CVS
             Developers List"

Hi John,
   Yes I agree that we have to implement the services in C for testing.

   Hence I agree to the fact that we need:
1. C clients for all tests.
2. C services for all tests

What I was proposing was that if we could align our tests to what we
already have in Axis Java
then we could use the Axis Java services for:
3. Java services for all tests.

However, if the test scope provided by existing Axis Java tests are not
sufficient, then it makes
sense to include code for Java services in our cvs.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Samisa,
>
> I'm confused ! I'll repeat and see whether we can understand each other
->

> We need to have C at the server-side because this tests the Axis-C server
-
> right?
> Therefore, using the Axis Java services will not test the Axis-C server -
> right?
> Therefore, whatever we do, if we want to test the C server  we need to
> write C services - right?
> Therefore if you are saying we use the Axis-Java services then we should
> still right Axis-C services - right?
>
> We (Our group not the Axis community) would like to test against non-C
> services too. This is effectively testing interoperability between a C
> client and  a Java server - something that is good for the Axis C
community
> too. Therefore we would like to put all the test services code into CVS
> (both C and Java). Thus we would have the following in the CVS tree ->
>
> C clients for all tests.
> C services for all tests
> Java services for all tests.
>
> Does this help explain my position?
>
> cheers,
> John.
>

>              Samisa Abeysinghe

>              <samisa_abeysingh

>              e@yahoo.com>
>                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List

>              28/08/2004 03:23          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

>              Please respond to
Subject
> [...]

the
> need of having Java
> service code in our C++ cvs tree. Is that an acceptable solution? Or do
we
> need different services
> to test againt, other than what is already available with Axis Java?
>
> Samisa...
>

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              damitha@opensourc
>
> >              e.lk

> >              27/08/2004 11:07          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"
>
> >                                        <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
>

> cc
> >              Please respond to
>
> >               "Apache AXIS C
> Subject
> >              Developers List"          RE: Generated source in CVS

> > Hi John,
> > >

> > > Hi Folks,
> > >
> > > With regard to auto-build and testing. Could someone explain to me
> about
> > > the server-side a little more.
> > >
> > > Reason for asking: We have a load of tests that are not in CVS but we
> > > would
> > > like to put in. We are holding them out because we do not have C++
> > > services
> > > created for them yet (although some use Calculator most do not) We
are
> > not
> > > going to be able to produce the c services for some time. We do, of
> > > course,
> > > have the java services created for them.
> > >
> > > I don't fully understand the way that the test-suite works in terms
of
> > the
> > > services being available - where is the service code? How is it
> deployed
> > > the server?
> >
> > Service code is neither built nor deployed and tested by the test suite
> at
> > the moment.
> >
> > > Although we can add in our clientside wsdls into the autobuild (a
> > valuable
> > > thing to do anyway) we don't want to break the CVS autobuild if there
> are
> > > no services on the server-side so how do you know which tests to run?
> >
> > test suite has no knowledge of what service are deployed and ready to
> serve
> > at the moment.
> >

> > > If there is somekind of "testrun" script that understands what
services
> > > are
> > > deployed and only attempts to run those then we can add in our client
> > > stubs
> > > today, they can build only,  and as the services get created for them
> the
> > > "runtests" script can change too.
> >
> > When we run a test it would be nice if the wsdl is downloaded into the
> > wsdl folder and generate stubs and then run the test. I guest being
able
> > to download the wsdl implies that the web service is running?.

=== message truncated ===