axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Generated source in CVS
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:39:46 GMT

Hi Samisa,

I'm confused ! I'll repeat and see whether we can understand each other ->

We need to have C at the server-side because this tests the Axis-C server -
right?
Therefore, using the Axis Java services will not test the Axis-C server -
right?
Therefore, whatever we do, if we want to test the C server  we need to
write C services - right?
Therefore if you are saying we use the Axis-Java services then we should
still right Axis-C services - right?

We (Our group not the Axis community) would like to test against non-C
services too. This is effectively testing interoperability between a C
client and  a Java server - something that is good for the Axis C community
too. Therefore we would like to put all the test services code into CVS
(both C and Java). Thus we would have the following in the CVS tree ->

C clients for all tests.
C services for all tests
Java services for all tests.

Does this help explain my position?

cheers,
John.

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           RE: Generated source in CVS
             Developers List"

--- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Damitha,
>
> OK, so we'll go ahead and put our test clients into the autobuild process
> then as this is independent of the running of the tests.
>
> re:
> >When we run a test it would be nice if the wsdl is downloaded into the
> >wsdl folder and generate stubs and then run the test. I guest being able
> >to download the wsdl implies that the web service is running?.
>
> Hmm, I think this is not a good idea as it would imply that the build had
> to be able to see the test suite - a bad dependency.
>
> I think we should work on the basis that the tests are built using the
> wsdl's in CVS and their associated clients are kept in CVS.
>
> We still have to work out a way to place the server side code into CVS in
> that case. This is going to invlove a directory structure for c and java
> services. What do you think - good idea?

I proposed to use the same test cases as that of Axis Java to eliminate the
need of having Java
service code in our C++ cvs tree. Is that an acceptable solution? Or do we
need different services
to test againt, other than what is already available with Axis Java?

Samisa...

> John Hawkins
>

>              damitha@opensourc

>              e.lk

>              27/08/2004 11:07          "Apache AXIS C Developers List"

>                                        <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc
>              Please respond to

>               "Apache AXIS C
Subject
>              Developers List"          RE: Generated source in CVS

> Hi John,
> >

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > With regard to auto-build and testing. Could someone explain to me
about
> > the server-side a little more.
> >
> > Reason for asking: We have a load of tests that are not in CVS but we
> > would
> > like to put in. We are holding them out because we do not have C++
> > services
> > created for them yet (although some use Calculator most do not) We are
> not
> > going to be able to produce the c services for some time. We do, of
> > course,
> > have the java services created for them.
> >
> > I don't fully understand the way that the test-suite works in terms of
> the
> > services being available - where is the service code? How is it
deployed
> > the server?
>
> Service code is neither built nor deployed and tested by the test suite
at
> the moment.
>
> > Although we can add in our clientside wsdls into the autobuild (a
> valuable
> > thing to do anyway) we don't want to break the CVS autobuild if there
are
> > no services on the server-side so how do you know which tests to run?
>
> test suite has no knowledge of what service are deployed and ready to
serve
> at the moment.
>

> > If there is somekind of "testrun" script that understands what services
> > are
> > deployed and only attempts to run those then we can add in our client
> > stubs
> > today, they can build only,  and as the services get created for them
the
> > "runtests" script can change too.
>
> When we run a test it would be nice if the wsdl is downloaded into the
> wsdl folder and generate stubs and then run the test. I guest being able
> to download the wsdl implies that the web service is running?.
>
> thanks
> damitha
> >

> >              "Susantha Kumara"
> >              <susantha@opensou