axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Generated source in CVS
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:43:16 GMT

Agreed - we should not mix up build and testing.
If we use the building of the clients using the WSDL2WS from that build
then this is a very useful build verification test e.g.

1. CVS checkout
2. Source build
3. Code generation for both client and service (at this point we need the
WSDL, preferrably stored
localy)   this is a Build verification test (BVT)

If build verification works then test against services.......
4. Deploy services
5. Run clients
This is the Regression test

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           RE: Generated source in CVS
             Developers List"

> When we run a test it would be nice if the wsdl is downloaded into the
> wsdl folder and generate stubs and then run the test. I guest being able
> to download the wsdl implies that the web service is running?.

If we are talking about the automated CVS build test, is it practical to
assume that the service
is running?

If you think of the steps.
1. CVS checkout
2. Source build
3. Code generation for both client and service (at this point we need the
WSDL, preferrably stored
localy)
4. Deploy services
5. Run clients