axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From <sagu...@gte.net>
Subject RE: Some Design Questions...
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:49:43 GMT

No. As I understand the SOAP processing model that would
terminate processing.  So there would be no reason (and indeed,
nothing) to resume.

In the scenario I'm envisioning, my server is the endpoint.
But perhaps the server needs to query a remote service for
assistance to complete processing of SOAP message.
And, I'm embedded in a server that uses an event-driven
concurrency model (hence, async-IO) not thread-based
concurrency.  So when I said "pause", I didn't mean just
holding up the thread waiting on synchronous-IO.  I can't
imagine you not supporting that.  :-)

Yeah, I know, I'm out on the fringe.  Perhaps even outside
that magical 80%.  But a guy has to take a shot.

Thanks,
-Scott