axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <>
Subject Re: Handler access to the transport
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:57:52 GMT

--- John Hawkins <> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Can I just confirm with everyone that what I'm seeing is correct -
> Can any handler get to the transport to set URI, setTimeout etc? I think
> not but as this is important to us I just need to check that I've not
> missed anything.

John you are correct. Handlers cannot get to transport.
setUri/setTimeout are only available from Stub class.

Stub get to trasport through a referance to a Call object. If a handler could get access to
call object (which is not currently supported) then the API would be made availeble to handlers
(but I am not sure if it is the correct to give a handler access to call object referance)

> thankyou,
> John.

Do you Yahoo!?