axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Test service location
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:40:46 GMT
It is a good idea to pass these options.

it would be far more flexible to use
<endpoint> <other options>

This is because in most of the cliets we get a statement of the form:
sprintf(endpoint, "http://%s:%s/axis/base", server, port);

I often have to change this to
sprintf(endpoint, "http://%s:%s/axis/services/echo", server, port);
where I test my service against a Java service.
(Note the difference in the location of the service)

Hence the most felxible way, in my openion, is to pass the endpoint as a whole to the client.
This
would make sure that I do not have to edit any of the client code to test a given client with
different services. (Compile once, test with many)

Thanks,
Samisa...