axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Memory for headerblocks
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:02:04 GMT
hi John,

In first place the "fini" method is intended to be used for this purpose
of memory clean up.

I went into the code and figured out that the Handlers "fini()" method
is called when the Handlers are pooled back to the Handler pool. (i.e
after using it Handlers are pooled back and then the fini method is
called just before pooling). This code is fully implemented at
ServerAxisEngine. So it is sure that if is is a server side Handler then
the fini is caled.

The same method is also available at ClientAixsEngine but is removed
(actualy commented) for some reson. I will have to figure this out (i.e
why it is removed at the Client engine), and come back to you.

But my feeling is that the "fini" method is used for this purpose.

Roshan