axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Trace
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:08:43 GMT
hi John,

> How does the community feel about putting in entry and exit trace?

What do you mean by entry and exit trace? You mean the entry point and
the exit point of the problematic situation or something else?

>we can
> put it in as a build time option ie. write a program to put it in
> automatically when building. This is the least error prone way of doing it.

Also what do you mean by "write a program to put it in automatically
when building" ?

In my openion, if the trace provides information to describe the
situation well, the community would be ok of it. The amount of stuff put
to the trace (certainly only the necessory once), doesn't cause any
issue, because it is just to describe the situation well. So if you need
those then I guess you could certainly put them. Adding them will not
cause any issues on performance etc, only a bunch of details will be
caused to print at exceptional situations. But if the trace is not only
used at exceptional situations, but also at normal situations may be
just to log details at runtime, then the amount put in the trace might
cause performance issues.

Roshan