axis-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Susantha Kumara" <susan...@opensource.lk>
Subject XML Schema question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:53:00 GMT
Hi,

I found following schema section of a WSDL and doubt that something
wrong with it. Please help me.

There is a ComplexType defined as follows,

<xsd:complexType name="StringParameter">
   <xsd:simpleContent>
      <xsd:extension base="xsd:string">
        <xsd:attribute name="numBytes" type="soapenc:int"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="storageEncoding" type="xsd:string"/>
        <xsd:attribute name="direction"
type="typens:flowDirectionType"/>  <!-- in, out, or inOut -->
        <xsd:attribute name="passMode" type="typens:passModeType"/>
<!-- passByValue or passByReference -->
        <xsd:attribute name="description" type="xsd:string"/>
      </xsd:extension>
   </xsd:simpleContent>
</xsd:complexType>

Following 2 elements referring to the complexType StringParameter is OK,

<xsd:element name="parm" type="typens:StringParameter" />
<xsd:element name="StringParameter" type="typens:StringParameter" />

But I feel following line is wrong,

<xsd:attribute name="parmAttr" type="typens:StringParameter" />

Because the complexType StringParameter contains attributes.

Your help for me to understand this is verymuch appreciated.

Thanks,

Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.
Office : +94112714385